Kirk E. Watkins – C.E.O.
Kirk has created multiple first-of-their-kind reinsurance programs. He has focused his career on helping organizations provide programs which are beneficial to employees and make great financial sense. He holds two U.S. patents for his work in this area. Kirk’s work includes the creation of FairShare voluntary benefits reinsurance pooling program, a participating arrangement for voluntary employee benefits, and TechProtect, a blanket electronic product insurance program that covers all of a family’s most popular devices under one policy.
The programs provide low-risk, diversification, and profitable third-party premium for both onshore and offshore captive insurance companies. Employers that utilize these programs range in size from 1,000 to over 160,000 employees.
Kirk is a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University and completed the Program on Negotiations for Senior Executives from Harvard Business School. He holds two US Patents and is licensed for property, casualty, accident, health, and life in all 50 states and previously held variable annuities, series 7, 66, and 63 licenses.
Honors and Awards
- US Captive Review Awards “Captive Service Professional of the Year” Shortlisted 2020
- US Captive Review Awards “Employee Benefits Specialist” Finalist 2019
- US Captive Review Awards “Reinsurance Company” BenPool Re Finalist 2019
- US Captive Review Awards “Ones To Watch “2019
- US Captive Review Awards “Highly Commended Employee Benefits Consultant” 2017
- Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year” Finalist 2003
- Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce “Innovative Business Of The Year” 2000
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners “Best Management Team” 2000
- Safeguard Scientifics / Eastern Technology Council “Company to Watch” 2000
- Philadelphia Business Journal “Top 100 Companies” #30 2000
- Captive Review, February 2022, “Third-Party Premium from a Universally Appealing Product”
- Captive Review, August 2019, “The BeneCap Solution”
- Captive Review, August 2018, “Increase Profitable Third-Party Business with Minimal Effort and Risk”
- Captive Review, August 2018, “Voluntary Benefits Can Drive New Captive Formations”
- Captive Insurance Times, August 2017, “MMA Trion Launches New Voluntary Benefits Captive Solution”
- Captive Review July 2017 “The Turn-Key Program to Grow Your Captive”
- IRMI Captive Insurance Company Reports, November 2016, “Growing Captives Through Voluntary Benefits”
- Captive Review, June 2016, “Final Word” – My thoughts on what is driving increased activity around employee benefits
- Captive Insurance Companies Association International Conference “Growing Your Captive with Employee Paid Lines of Coverage”
- Hawaii Captive Insurance Council Annual Forum “Grow Your Captive with Employee Paid Lines of Coverage,” “Gaining Third-Party Premium Through Customers, Employees and Other Networks”
- North Carolina Captive Insurance Association Annual Conference “Growing Your Captive with Employee Paid Lines of Coverage”
- South Carolina Captive Insurance Association Annual Executive Educational Conference “Grow Your Captive with Employee Paid Lines of Coverage”
- US Captive Summit “Captivating Your Benefits”
- Vermont Captive Insurance Association Annual Conference “Grow Your Captive with Employee Paid Lines of Coverage”
- Western Region Captive Insurance Conference “Why should I put Employee Benefits into my captive?”, “Selecting Service Providers”
- World Captive Forum “Gaining Third-Party Premium Through Customers, Employees and Other Networks,” “Grow Your Captive with Employee Paid Lines of Coverage”